Ten Indiana Jones ‘Behind-The-Scenes’ Facts You May Have Not Known
- Tom Selleck was George Lucas’s original choice for the role but had to turn it down due to his commitment to the US TV series Magnum PI.
- Indiana Jones was actually Indiana Smith until the first day of shooting.
- The famous scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indy shoots the man dramatically wielding a scimitar was improvised by Harrison Ford. He was suffering from piles and didn’t want to do the extended fight scene that was planned.
- Sean Connery, who played Indy’s father in The Last Crusade, is only 12 years older than Harrison Ford.
- Renowned British wrestler and Auf Wiedersehen Pet star Pat Roach was killed twice in Raiders of the Lost Ark (as a Sherpa in the bar fight and as the Nazi pugilist who meets the wrong end of a propeller) and is pushed into a rock crusher in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
- Harrison Ford got his distinctive chin scar in a car crash in his 20s.
- R2-D2 and C3PO, the robots from Star Wars, can be seen in the hieroglyphics in the Well of Souls in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- The “chilled monkey-brains” in Temple of Doom were actually made from custard and raspberry sauce.
- Steven Spielberg and George Lucas play missionaries in the airport at the start of Temple of Doom.
- Indiana Jones’ horse in The Last Crusade was also John Rambo’s horse in Rambo III.
Latest posts by Analia (see all)
- Han Solo’s Blaster for Auction - 3 December, 2013
- Star Wars Characters Who Met Han Solo at Some Point of Their Lives - 30 November, 2013
- Best Angry Moments - 29 November, 2013