Sep 19, 12
With Indiana Jones trilogy coming to Blu-ray this week, Paramount Pictures continued its celebration of the iconic character with a screening of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” on the lot Thursday night with Paramount chairman and CEO Brad Grey, Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford introducing the film.
Aug 15, 12
Great news! To help promote the upcoming release of the Indiana Jones Blu-ray Box Set, Paramount will be re-releasing ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ in IMAX theaters this September.
The ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ IMAX version will hit theaters starting on Friday, September 7th and run through until September 13th. An official press release is expected with more information so look for details in the next few days as to which theaters will be showing the movie.
Jul 27, 12
No good news actually. Collider recently got to interview producer Frank Marshall and he gave a pessimistic update on the status of a fifth Indiana Jones film. Though talk of Indiana Jones 5 has continued since 2008 with the release of Crystal Skull, there’s really been no actual forward movement on the story.
“I say, for me, [Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is] the last hurrah. I know that yes, we talk about it, but there’s no idea, there’s no MacGuffin.”
May 23, 12
The second film in the famed Indiana Jones series, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, celebrates its 28th anniversary today! The sequel to one of the biggest action adventure films of all time, 1981’s Raiders of The Lost Ark. The series spawned an iconic hero in Indiana Jones, the confident and sometimes way over his head archeologist of the 1930s, and gave Harrison Ford, already well known as Han Solo in Star Wars, yet another classic character who got to chew the scenery in every scene he was in.
Feb 29, 12
The globe-trotting, whip-wielding adventurer will be seen in the High Definition format later this year. This is the trailer that promotes the upcoming release:
Sep 19, 11
At a recent 30th Anniversary screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark, director Steven Spielberg joked about “burning bridges” with Crystal Skull. But fans still want more Indiana Jones. So will Indy V ever happen? What about the other movies? Check out the highlights from the Q&A session:
Aug 25, 11
Harrison Ford, still best known to many film fans as Han Solo from Star Wars, reckons he would be up for a fifth outing as Indiana Jones if the opportunity arose – but only if the script adequately impressed him.
The 69-year-old, currently starring with Daniel Craig and Olivia Wilde in Cowboys And Aliens, has played the intrepid archaeological explorer four times already.
- Tom Selleck was George Lucas’s original choice for the role but had to turn it down due to his commitment to the US TV series Magnum PI.
- Indiana Jones was actually Indiana Smith until the first day of shooting.
- The famous scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indy shoots the man dramatically wielding a scimitar was improvised by Harrison Ford. He was suffering from piles and didn’t want to do the extended fight scene that was planned.
- Sean Connery, who played Indy’s father in The Last Crusade, is only 12 years older than Harrison Ford.
- Renowned British wrestler and Auf Wiedersehen Pet star Pat Roach was killed twice in Raiders of the Lost Ark (as a Sherpa in the bar fight and as the Nazi pugilist who meets the wrong end of a propeller) and is pushed into a rock crusher in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
- Harrison Ford got his distinctive chin scar in a car crash in his 20s.
- R2-D2 and C3PO, the robots from Star Wars, can be seen in the hieroglyphics in the Well of Souls in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- The “chilled monkey-brains” in Temple of Doom were actually made from custard and raspberry sauce.
- Steven Spielberg and George Lucas play missionaries in the airport at the start of Temple of Doom.
- Indiana Jones’ horse in The Last Crusade was also John Rambo’s horse in Rambo III.